Welcome!

Hi !

Welcome to my new Blog.I hope you enjoy reading about all the fun things I get up to!

Love woofs and licks ,

Moses x

Wednesday 19 October 2011

19th October Updates !!

Hi peeps ,
My owner says i should keep this blog up to date but life sort of ran away with us ,like a dog with a stolen roast dinner!(or is that just me?)
Anyway a fast update on months gone by with pics !

MARCH

Went to Crufts to show in the ring .Mum says this is the biggest dog show in the world .As she is prone to exaggeration I took this with a pinch of salt (and anything else i could lay my paws on!) Big panic before hand she had to have a suit!Thank goodness i was allowed to wear my normal fur coat (she managed to lose a button of her smart jacket before the day was over !!) Apart from jumping on the lap of a spectator sat ringside i wasnt too bad,my human said!
I got to see my "Dogmothers " from Kent ,Devon and Scotland !I had my pics taken with them although they didnt seem to appreciate the sardines i was given cause my Bro'Ted didnt want them and I dont believe in waste!

Me chilling on the grooming top of my crate!

Dogmothers Sue and Sue!!

I dont think they like sardine breath?


Me with Dogmother Gilly!


On March 17th I went to look for leprechauns with my mum Aimee .We didnt find any though ,but it was nice to be on a walk with my mum!!

In April we went to a couple of shows .In Wales I managed to get a 3rd in Graduate Dog .I quite like Wales its full of different sniffs!
I qualified for Crufts by getting a 2nd in Yearling dog at a beardie show so mum was pleased.

May -went to The Spring Frolic run by Southern Counties Bearded collie club.Mum entered me for The Primary Working Test ! She was nervous and said to me "I know you can do it -Im just bothered you migt choose not to!"
Oh ye of little faith !I passed .That woman needs more confidence !She says i have enough for both of us !

June -went miles with Ted in the car (with the humans of course!) It was a funny set up.Ted went and had an injection it made him all dopey !I went and had the injection and saw some puppies over the wall !Wanting to play i tried to jump it and my human said "Im not sure it worked on him!"The other humans laughed .I had to lie in a very undignified manner and have xray photos done .When they came in the post i was given whats called a Hip Score .Its something to do with how good your hips sit in the socket .Mine was 4:5 which is fine .

July my 2nd Birthday!-went to the park and met up with my best mate and my new girlfriend the dalmation .She doesnt know it yet,but she knocks the spots off the other bitches !


I was spoilt and was sent birthhday cards and pressies!!


August- we went to a Companion Show as part of an agricultural show in Chertsey.We had a go at the scurry run where a lot of low jumps are set inside some orange fence stuff .Mum let me off lead one end and run beside the fence with food .I run around the fence and cased after her .Her face seemed red and se grabbed my collar and walked to the other end again .She asked if she could go inside the fence this time .the man with the stopwatch said yes and i have to say for an asthmatic i thought she cleared the fences quite well.i jumped after her and we came back over them i ran out of the entrance and was very excited so excited that Mummy Jacky missed me .My human knew a trick however :( Salami she yelled and ran away from me .I LOVE salami so i ran after her .She did in all fairness give me the salami once shed grabbed my collar.
I didnt get anywhere in the pedigree classes but after putting my hair in a bow mum entered me for "Most Appealing eyes " .the judge looked and said very funny! and gave mea rosette that said Special !Of course i know im special ,but its nice to have it confirmed!!

September
Was dead chuffed to get a first in Special Beginner at our Match Night at Ringcraft .Ringcraft is where humans take us to learn how to run with us so we look our best and how to stand us nicely .Once a month there is a judge invited in and they judge us as if we were in the show ring.Its good practice for the humans !



October
1st
Went to Scotland ,visited an old flame of mine.However her owner said i was fickle because i fancied her daughter this time round !Her daughter had a puppy who was also fun to play with!!
before we got there though we stopped off at Gretna Green (the humans wanted to buy a loch Ness monster for the grandchildren!Humans are strange and we were nowhere near Loch Ness.)Lots of Japanese tourists took photos of me Ted and mummy Aimee .Eventually my human said shed found a good place to take pics but then the exhibition manager asked if he could take our pic too !!


We did the show on Saturday we'd travelled up on Friday and stayed in a Travel Lodge.
Our cool brother Oskar met up with us and went into the ring for the first time in one of the classes(hope he has another go !) Hes a real Super star!



My brother Ted came 1st and i came 2nd so our mums were very pleased with us.Me and Ted got to see our Dogmother Sue and have hugs (no sardines this time!!)and then i went to see some higland cattle!


we then had a family photo taken Me ,mummy Aimee, Ted and Oskar


Sunday 2nd
Well we came back from Scotland last night I was made to rest this morning and mum had to go out .I was given a quick walk and groomed again and we set off to a church for The Pet Blessing service !







Saturday 8th
Mum went in for another companion show in Shepperton this time .I came Special(does that mean Im now doubly special?) in the pedigree class (AV Working Pastoral or Utility),came 5th in "Best Mover " under Dr Roger Mugford (mum was surprised i got anywhere as whilst she was giving the steaward her entry ticket I saw the table.Im conditioned to put my front feet on tables to be lifted by the back feet up to be groomed .As i put my front feet up i realised the man had left a half eaten burger up there.Well you know how i feel about wasting food .Sadly my human does too and she swiftly yanked me away .Dr Mugford gave her a "Look" ,I think it was his burger.
Me and my bro Ted went in the ring with Jacky our breeder and came 3rd!!



Monday 10th
Then there was another match night at the club.....

Mum was really pleased with me I won my graduate class and went on to win the Best in Match !Mum was very excited and the judge said she loved me !Aww!!Mum said it was obviously my birthday pressie to her!!

Sunday 16th

Went to a beardie show I came 4th in my breed class but mum had decided to "have a go" at the "Pre -beginners class".It had seemed like a good idea when she entered a month or so ago but lots of things had prevented her from doing as much training as she would have liked.So now she was petrified ! Grandma Caroline encouraged her and said its just to see what its like. She also gave us a quick lesson and sent us on our way.
The steward told mum to do heelwork on lead and called out directions .Mum was rather brisk i thought as i kept up with her (grandma laughed that they'd need speed cameras in the ring!Mum replied she was striding out to look confident although she did slip on the corner but managed not to fall over).The steward called out "Exercise finished " mum looked a bit resigned and headed toward the exit but was stopped by the steward who told her where to stand for the Next Exercise (mum looked a bit relieved I think she thought we were being chucked out!)"Heel Free " called the steward .With some trepidation mum took the lead off.I walked ok and next to her and then that exercise was over.
Recall.Mum said to SIT and WAIT.The steward asked "Ready?" mum grabbed my collar and set me back up.Grandma was laughing as she realised -we play a game over the park Ready ,steady Go and we all race away so i thought the steward was playing!!
Mum turned to face me but i was up .she should apparently ,have called me and done the finish but she took me back and asked if we could do it again but the judge said NO!Ah well you live and learn and we asked to be exscused the stays at lunch time .Mum was tired out (wonder why?) so we just had treats and dinner and left it at that this time!Sometimes its about giving things a try and not just about competing!!Obviously i could do better with a different handler but would i have as many laughs?Would every body else ?Life is always fun I m not sure i want to change now (unless of course a new owner had smellier treats and a bitch in the house i might reconsider....!!)

Well thats all for now ,cant believe this year is going so fast !Will try to keep up to date as i never told you about our trip to the seaside or other things never mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment